Added some formatting :P
In this guide i'm going to show you how to stat out an item with green stats as well as make your higher tier mana stones and make combination runes. Please bear in mind that this guide is meant as an introductory guide to help new players understand the basics of using the AT not as a be all to end all guide to stating/tiering/runemaking.
Before i begin let me inform you that each item has a total of 6 slots not including ghost stats or rune slots
. Ghost stats and rune slot stats DO NOT carry over if you decide to make a mana stone out of an item with existing stats on it.
Also keep in mind when stating out items if you it looks like the item will have more than 6 named stats on it that the game only lets the item keep the 6 LOWEST stats .ie higher lvl stats get bumped off if there isnt room.
When looking for items you want to stat out, my advice to you is to ONLY stat out items that have no stats on them to begin with and have over 100 durability(overdura) that way you dont have to waste golden repair hammers to gain the +20% power modifier.
(if you have the advanced auction mod installed when looking thru item categories you can put $clean and $dura in the filter boxes to have it only Search for clean over dura items).
** Epidemic Stats referenced in this guide have now been renamed Stormstrike in game.
Dirty Stats: Green stats with names next to them for example Epidemic X, Stamina I, Strength I , Energy I. these stats DO count against the total on an item and each one uses one slot. ( ie:any green stat that isnt a ghost stat.)
Ghost Stats: Stats gained by refining items with jewels OR that come on some crafted and dropped items in instances by default. these stats do NOT have a name next to them on the right side of the item and they DO NOT count against the total stats for the item.ie they dont take any slots.
Clean Stats: Yellow stats that usually have two stats for each one name for example Barbarian has strength and physical attack, these stats are usually found on set items, crafted items or instance drops.each one of these counts for 1 slot but since they have two stats per one name you can fit 12 of these on an item, it's the ideal way to stat out your gear if you plan on keeping it for a LONG time as it does get expensive. There are also Orange stats that count as clean stats too but they only drop off of the demonlord instance in the volcano zone so far, each one of these has 3 stats per name so you can fit up to 18 stats on an item using these.
Fusion Stones: Stones bought either from the enchanting vendor in towns or off of auction house that contain from 1 to 3 green stats on them usually lvl 1 higher lvl stats on fusion stones is a rarity.And to my knowledge only gained thru buying random fusion stones.These stones are used along with stated items to make mana stones.
Mana Stones: Stones created by transmuting Fusion stones and items with stats on them together using the arcane transmutor and then used to either make higher tiered mana stones or stat out an item.Keep in mind the tier of the item you transmute your fusion stone with will indicate the tier of the mana stone you will make, ie Tier 3 is the most commonly used.
Arcane Transmutor: Device unlocked in varanas at lvl 10 that comes with 10 charges which you will use to transmute items to make mana stones and to stat out your items, tier them out and make runes, each use takes charges which can be obtained thru daily tokens at the rate of 30 per 1 charge from the NPC in varanas that originally unlocks it , OR 300 for 10 from the item shop or 29 diamonds for 10 from the item shop as well. On average if you make the mana stones yourself to stat out an item each item is going to cost you 4 charges 3 to make the mana stones and one to put the stats from the mana stones on said item.
Now onto the actual guide part of this post :P
Dirty stating an item
Or as some call it Green stating an item, or junk stating.
(keep in mind this is assuming you have an item with no stats on it to begin with and that this item is overdurability ie over 100 durability).
1. Purchase 3 fusion stones with matching stats on them , ( if using advanced auction mod you can put Fusion Stone into the search box and each of these stats into the filter box to have it search for fusion stones with ONLY these stats on them for example Strength I, Stamina I and Dexterity I which i will be referencing these stats for the rest of this guide).
2. Purchase 3 items with single green stats on them that are all tier 3. For the purposes of this guide i will be using Epidemic IX , Epidemic X and Physique IX(once again if you have advanced auction you can put these stats into the filter boxes check the or boxes next to the 2nd and 3rd ones and leave the search field blank and go thru each item category one at a time to find your items with stats on them.) The reason i chose these stats is because they're relatively cheap to purchase and i have experience stating out a rogue/scout so substitute you're classes stats where needed .
3. Open the arcane transmutor and place one fusion stone in one of the four boxes around the middle box, then place one of the single green stated items into the middle, i'm going to use the item with Epidemic X on it for this example. There should now be a tier 3 mana stone show up in the preview box that has Strength I , Dexterity I, Stamina I, and Epidemic X on it. Click confirm and make your mana stone.
4. Repeat this process with the remaining two fusion stones and the remaining two items until you have a total of 3 tier 3 mana stones. that should look like this : All should have Strength I, Dexterity I and Stamina I on them, one should have these stats + epidemic X on it, another should have them + epidemic IX on it, and the last one should have them +Physique IX on it.
5. Place the 3 tier mana stones into the transmutor in the boxes surrounding the middle one and the item you wish to stat out into the middle box, the item that is in the middle box should show up in the preview box with the following stats on it, Strength I , stamina I, Dexterity I,Epidemic IX , Physique IX , and Epidemic X. Confirm and you have your item.
Now as stated above these stats were purely used for the example substitute your needed stats if they are different, the overall premise remains the same tho .
Creating higher Tier mana stones to Tier out an item
The whole concept of tiering only applies to weapons and armor not accessories or trinkets because when you tier out an item ie increase its tier level , the base attack and mattack on weapons increase and the phys/magic Def on armor increases , since accessories and trinkets have none of these its useless to tier them out beyond whatever tier mana stones you use to put stats on them in the first place.
This process assumes you've read the first part of this guide and know how to create tier 3 mana stones, if not go back an read it.
Also please bear in mind this example is to give you a basic understanding of how to tier something out NOT a be all to end all.
1. Create 3 tier 3 mana stones with matching stats on them clean dirty etc doesnt matter, however if they're clean you may wanna make 3 stones with 12 stats on them instead.
2. Throw these 3 stones into the arcane transmutor together and a tier 4 mana stone with all the stats the tier 3 stones had on them should show up(this is why i said to make them match so you still only have 6 slots worth of stats for when you eventually use them on the item you want tiered out).Confirm and you have your tier 4 mana stone, repeat this process two more times with the same stats you had on your first 3 tier 3 mana stones to gain 2 more tier 4 mana stones, and then you can make them into a tier 5 mana stone, and so on until tier 9.
Thats basicly it to tiering all you do when you reach the desired tier of stone and have 3 of them with matching stats is transmute those stones with the item you want tiered out and it will make the item whatever tier mana stone you have used + add the stats you have on those stones to that item.
This is cake , all you have to do is find two runes of the same lvl that will actually transmute into a combo rune or another rune of the type desired and transmute them, OR if you want to make your runes higher level before doing this, you get 5 of the same lvl rune and turn them into one of the next lvl up rune.
Now for those that need a more detailed explanation i'm going to use resistance III and endurance III runes in my example.
1. Put the resistance III and endurance III runes in the outside boxes of the arcane transmutor , an atonement III rune will show up in the preview box which is a two stat rune. confirm and you've made your rune.
2. Leveling up a rune : take 5 resistance III runes stacked and put them into the arcane transmutor , a resistance IV rune will show up in the preview, confirm and you've made your resistance IV rune.
3. Also when rune forging combo runes if i had 5 of each of the runes in my example, the transmutor would have then made 5 atonement III runes at once, however it would have cost me 5 charges.
Here is a link to the runeforging tables on romwiki for reference: http://www.theromwiki.com/Transmutation_Chart